Monday 27 June 2016

Transcript: How Eric Lindros REALLY Made it Into The HHOF

Below is the actual transcript taken by our very own anynomous source; an eavesdropped conversation between Eric Lindros and the chairman of the board who selects HHOF members:


Chairman: Eric, I asked you to lunch today so I could tell you some very important new in person.

Eric: I’m glad you called chairman, I’ve been waiting to hear this news since I retired from my illustrious stint with the Dallas Stars.

Chairman: Well, sorry to disappoint you but…wait…illustrious? With the Stars?

Eric: Ya?

Chairman: Eric, you scored 5 goals all year. And missed over 30 games.

Eric: Hey! It was hard playing down there! I didn’t want to go anyways!

Chairman: Why wouldn’t you want to go to Dallas? Beautiful weather, passionate fans, close to the ocean!

Eric: It isn’t the greatest hockey market. Their team was lousy at the time. And I did NOT want to learn how to speak Texan!

Chairman: Eric…you can’t just use those excuses every time you don’t want to go to a certain NHL te..oh nevermind, we’re getting off topic. Eric I asked you here today to tell you that you have not made it into the HHOF for this year’s class.

Eric: I…wait…what?

Chairman: We’re sorry, but since no one significant has retired recently, we think we might be able to get you in next year.

Eric: This is an outrage! Do you know who I am? I scored over 100 points once! I even almost scored 4 goals in a SINGLE year!

Chairman: Well actually, there are players who have actually done those things on more than one occa-

Eric: I even almost won a game in the Stanley Cup Finals! And I won tons of Eastern Conference Semi-Final games!

Chairman: Yea, but-

Eric: I was SO close to scoring 400 career goals! I mean, how many players can say they’ve done that!

Chairman: Well, 92 but-

Eric: I mean, who’s not in the hall of fame that has scored more career goals than me?

Chairman: Uhh, Stephane Richer, Garry Unger, John Orgodnik, Milan Hejduk,

Eric: Look. If I don’t make it into the hall of fame this year then I’ll holdout. I won’t play!

Chairman: But Eric, you’re retired…

Eric: I won’t play in the Maple Leafs alumni game for the Winter Classic!

Chariman: Actually I don’t think you were invited, but-

Eric: Who’s even getting in over me?

Chairman: Well, it’s really time for Dave Andreychuk. He’s scored over 600 goals, was a monster on the powerplay, ended his career with the cup, and he’s still involved in the game!
Eric: Look, if this doesn’t happen to me, I’ll make sure my Hall of Fame rights are traded to the KHL. Or the ECHL! How would you like THAT? I’ll be a HOFer for them for a year until you sort this out!

Chairman: Eric, we tried trading the rights. But there was this mixup…apparently the rights were traded to both leagues, we couldn’t figure out which deal wen t down first, or who owned you, and the Russians were going to give us Tretiak’s rights, but everything fell through!

(At this time, Lindros starting throwing a tantrum, kicking and screaming on the ground)

Chairman: Okay, Okay fine, you’re in! But if you don’t stop I’ll have to get Scott Stevens over here!

(Eric abruptly stop and sits back down)

Eric: Well I think you’ve made the right choice.

(The waiter comes with the bill)


Eric: You got this? I’m still paying Philadelphia back $15M from the trade, so money is a little tight.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Now that you are part of the fast growing Avaholics Unanimous Family, we would love to hear from our readers. We will do our best to answer back. Thanks for reading! For blog updates, follow us on twitter at @Avaholics_U.