Wednesday 3 April 2013

Our "Exclusive" Interview with Ryan O'Byrne


As you should all know already, Ryan O’Byrne has been traded away to the East for a 4th round pick. Well, we here at Avaholics Unanimous strive to bring you the most up to date and recent news in the Avalanche world, and we have not failed you here. So behold on the very first sit down interview with the newest, and hopefully not last, former Avs defenseman. So here is the transcript:

Us: Ryan, you’ve just been traded away from Colorado, the place you called home for the past few years. How does it feel?

Ryan: Well guys, I’m going to miss it. There’s nothing quite like coming to play every day in front of a half full arena, pouring your heart out on the ice for a basement team.

Us: yea we bet it’s hard. But let’s talk Toronto. What do you hope to bring to your new team in terms of play?

Ryan: Well Toronto’s defense is really hard to play against in the corners, and they play a really gritty, smart defensive game. So I think I can really soften it up, and make us a lot easier to play against. As you know, I like to spend a lot of time behind the net watching the play, so if anybody needs to know what’s happened on the ice, I’m there guy.

Us: uhhh…okay, how do plan on making life tough for the speedy, high scoring Eastern Conference forwards?

Ryan: well, I notice a lot of shots in the East come from around the hash marks area, which is great because that’s where I spend most of my time when I’m not behind the net watching. So if I can help plug up the circles in my defensive zones, teams are going to have to find other areas to score.

Us: Like in front of the net, from the corners, in the slot, and from the point?

Ryan: Yea exactly.

Us: well we can’t wait to see how your new D partner’s plus minus goes. So apart from your play on the ice, how do you expect to help the Leafs out in terms of their numbers?

Ryan: Well you know, I look at them and see they haven’t hit their potential in penalty minutes, so I think once I get on the ice I can really help them out there. Their high sticking minors are at a surprising low, and their lazy penalties are down from last year. I’m just going to go in there and try to contribute as best I can, where I can. Their powerplay goals against are pretty low too, so if the other 6 Leafs defenseman get hurt and I find myself on the PK, I’m sure I can turn that around to.

Us: yea…well, the Leafs have a little recent history with Avs defensemen, first signing Jeff Finger, and then trading for Liles. What are your thoughts on that?

Ryan: Well, Finger played a few games and got sent to the minors for the last few years, and Liles was benched a lot of this season, so I’m pretty sure I can continue the trend. It’s going to be fun.

Us: Yea we bet it will. So you’re going back to Canada, how do you feel about that?

Ryan: well I couldn’t be more excited. I know that all 4 Canadian teams in the East are in the playoffs right now, so I think with my play, I can change that.

Us: Oh wow, so you think you can help knock either Montreal, Ottawa, or Winnipeg out of the playoff race?

Ryan: No.

Us: Oh…Alright Ryan, thanks a bunch for doing this. One last question, the number 3 is already taken in Toronto, what do you think you’ll wear?

Ryan: Well numbers are really important to me, so I might go with #6.

Us: Why’s that?

Ryan: well, I figure that’s how many games it will take Dave Nonis to realize he’s made a huge mistake.

Us: Alright well on that note, Good luck in Toronto!

Ryan: Thanks guys, bye.

1 comment:

  1. Water is involved in every chemical outcome (life) and your body can
    not labor without it. This excellent segment looks through the pursuit having
    to do with happiness in Our great country.

    Stop by my blog post: zespół muzyczny Bydgoszcz

    ReplyDelete

Now that you are part of the fast growing Avaholics Unanimous Family, we would love to hear from our readers. We will do our best to answer back. Thanks for reading! For blog updates, follow us on twitter at @Avaholics_U.